Dr. Yiwen Li
Distinguished Research Fellow, School of Polymer Science and Engineering, Sichuan University,
State Key Laboratory of Polymer Materials Engineering (Sichuan University), fixed staff,
National Youth Thousand Talents Program (2016),
Sichuan Province Thousand Talents Plan (2017) was selected,
Reserve candidates for academic and technical leaders in Sichuan Province (2018).
Education and work experience
2016-present College of Polymer Science and Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Polymer Materials Engineering, Sichuan University
Distinguished researcher, doctoral tutor
2013-2016 Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego
Engaged in postdoctoral research (coach instructor: Professor Nathan Gianneschi)
Engaged in the research and development of protein/nucleic acid biomaterials.
2013 Department of Polymer Science, University of Akron, USA
Received a doctorate (mentor: Professor Cheng Zhengdi)
Engaged in the analytical work of giant molecular condensed matter structures;
2008 Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China
Bachelor’s degree (Instructor: Professor Xu Tongwen)
Engaged in the synthesis of tree-shaped macromolecules and research on host-guest chemistry;
Since 2016, he has started independent research at Sichuan University. His current research focuses on the chemical direction of polyphenol materials, including the synthesis, physical property analysis and material processing of artificial melanin materials and functional materials containing polyphenolic elements. At present, more than 70 papers have been published in mainstream journals of chemical and materials sciences such as J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., among which 14 first/communication author papers have been selected as ESI high references. Popular papers/cover articles in papers and magazines, and related research results were reprinted and reported by many media such as Nature Nanotechnology, Nano Today, C&EN, Science Daily. The paper has cited more than 3,000 times and the H-index is 30. He is the editor of the China Chemical Express Youth Editor and a guest editor of several SCI magazines. He is the guest reviewer of more than 100 journals of chemistry and materials science in NPG, ACS, RSC and other databases.
Talent project and awards
1. Sichuan University 2018 Undergraduate Excellent Graduation Thesis Instructor, Sichuan University, 2018
2. Excellent instructor of innovation and entrepreneurship education for Sichuan University students, Sichuan University, 2018
3. The twelfth batch of candidates for academic and technical leaders in Sichuan Province, Sichuan Provincial Department of Human Resources and Social Security, 2018
4. Excellent Communist Party Member of Sichuan University, Party Committee of Sichuan University, 2018
5. Good Future Scholar Award, Sichuan University, 2018
6. 2017 China Chemical Letters Excellent Reviewer, Chinese Chemical Letters Magazine, 2017
7. Excellent Paper Award of the Year, State Key Laboratory of Polymer Materials Engineering (Sichuan University), 2017
8. The 3rd Excellent Teacher Award for the “Internet +” College Students Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition in Sichuan Province, Sichuan Provincial Department of Education, 2017.
9. Winner of the Huifu Scholarship, Sichuan University, 2017.
10. Sichuan Province “Thousand Talents Program” Young Talents Project, 2017.
11. The 12th National Youth “Thousand Talents Plan” was selected, 2016.
12. Excellent Graduate Award from the American Chemical Society Polymer Chemistry Branch, 2013.
13. Ticona “Excellence in Polymer Science” Award for Outstanding Achievement, University of Akron, USA.
14. Frank N. Kelley Fellowship Award for Excellence in Research and Course Work, University of Akron, USA.
15. Excellent graduation thesis of the University of Science and Technology of China (top 3%), 2008.
16. Sanhao Student, Anhui Province, 2008.
17. Outstanding graduate of University of Science and Technology of China, 2008.
The research team recruits several full-time postdoctoral/postdoctoral/research assistants throughout the year, and recruits graduate students who have been jointly trained in various forms. At the same time, we welcome undergraduate students from various disciplines in Sichuan University, as well as undergraduates from other colleges in Chengdu to do their graduation thesis or use their spare time to engage in research projects.